What is your personal information?
What personal information do we collect and hold?
We may collect your name, mailing or street address, email address, telephone number, facsimile number, age or birth date, profession, occupation or job title, governmental identification details and any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our websites or indirectly through use of our websites or online presence, through our representatives or otherwise and information you provide to us through our service centre, customer surveys or visits by our representatives from time to time. We may also collect some information that is not personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else. For example, we may collect anonymous answers to surveys or aggregated information about how users
use our website.
How do we collect your personal information? We collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. When collecting personal information from you, we may collect in ways including:
• through your access and use of our website
• by telephone, letter, fax or email
• during conversations between you and our representatives
• by contracting with us
• by entering competitions, promotions or requesting information or material from us
• completing surveys, providing feedback or complaining to us
We may also collect personal information from third parties including:
• from third party companies such as credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies and
• your representatives (lawyers, accountants and financial advisers)
• your employer
• publicly available sources of information or any other organisations where you have given your consent
When you access our website, we may send a “cookie” (which is a small summary file containing a unique ID
number) to your computer. This enables us to recognise your computer. It also enables us to keep track of your
areas of our website have been visited and to measure transaction patterns in the aggregate. We use this to
research our users’ habits so that we can improve our online products and services. Our cookies do not collect
personal information. If you do not wish to receive cookies, you can set your browser so that your computer does
not accept them.
We may log IP addresses (that is, the electronic addresses of computers connected to the internet) to analyse
trends, administer the website and track users movements.
What happens if we can’t collect your personal information?
If you do not provide us with the personal information described above, some or all of the following may happen:
• we may not be able to provide the requested products or services to you, either to the same standard or
• we may not be able to provide you with information about products and services that you may want; or
• we may be unable to tailor the content of our websites to your preferences and your experience of our
websites may not be as enjoyable or useful.
For what purposes do we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?
We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions and to
provide best possible quality of customer service.
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
• to provide products and services to you and to send communications requested by you;
• to answer enquiries and provide information or advice about existing and new products or services;
• to provide you with access to protected areas of our website;
• to assess the performance of the website and to improve the operation of the website;
• to conduct business processing functions including providing personal information to our related bodies
corporate, contractors, service providers or other third parties;
• for the administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), planning, product or service development,
quality control, survey and research purposes, its related bodies corporate, contractors and employees
or service providers;
• to provide your updated personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors and
employees or service providers;
• to update our records and keep your contact details up to date;
• to process and respond to any complaint made by you; and
• to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a
regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority of any country (or political sub-division of a
Your personal information will not be shared, sold, rented or disclosed other than as described in this Privacy
To whom may we disclose your information?
We may disclose your personal information to:
• our employees, related bodies corporate, contractors and employees or service providers for the
purposes of operation of our website or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide
products and services to you including, without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems
administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic
network administrators, debt collectors, utilities providers, and professional advisors such as
accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
• suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing,
and related purposes; and
• any organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent.
We may combine or share any information that we collect from you with information collected by any of our
related bodies corporate (within Australia).
Direct marketing materials
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services that we
consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, fax
and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). If you indicate a
preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so. In
addition, at any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us (see the
details below) or by using opt-out facilities provided in the marketing communications and we will then ensure
that your name is removed from our mailing list.
How can you access and correct your personal information?
You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us (see the
details below). Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with suitable
means of accessing it (for example, by mailing or emailing it to you). We may charge you a fee to cover our
administrative and other reasonable costs in providing the information to you and, if so, the fees will be disclosed
on our website. We will not charge for simply making the request and will not charge for making any corrections
to your personal information.
There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we
may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a
breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you reasons for any refusal.
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may
request us to amend it. We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we do not agree that there are
grounds for amendment then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
What is the process for complaining about a breach of privacy?
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact us using the contact information below and
provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it. We will deal with the complaint in accordance with our
then current Complaints Handling Procedure.
Do we disclose your personal information to anyone outside Australia?
We may disclose personal information to our related bodies corporate and third party suppliers and service
providers located overseas for some of the purposes listed above. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the
overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal
We may disclose your personal information to entities located outside of Australia, including the following:
• our data hosting and other IT service providers, located in various countries; and
• other third parties located in various foreign countries.
We may disclose your personal information to entities within Australia who may store or process your data
overseas. In the event that a disclosure is made in an overseas country (which we consider unlikely), the
information will not be protected by the Australian Privacy Principles. In any event, by providing your details, you
consent to your information being disclosed in this manner.
As our website is linked to the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance
regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee
that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, any
personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or
warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party website and we are not responsible for the privacy
policies or the content of any third party website. Third party websites are responsible for informing you about
their own privacy practices.
privacy, please use the contact link on our website or contact our Privacy Officer using the details set out below.
We will treat your requests or complaints confidentially. Our representative will contact you within a reasonable
time after receipt of your complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be
resolved. We will aim to ensure that your complaint is resolved in timely and appropriate manner.
Please contact our Principal at:
Post: PO Box 402, Como, WA, 6952
on our website.